6.07.2009

48 Hour Book Challenge: Update 6

Ahhh! Less than 12 hours left!

Here's how I've been doing:

5:00-7:20PM: Reading Lovehampton
7:20-7:40PM: Dinner
7:40-8:40PM: Reading Lovehampton
8:40-11:20PM: Dragged to see Star Trek (OK, so I wasn't taken completely against my will, plus it was really good, but still! so much time lost!)
11:20PM-12:45AM: Reading Lovehampton - FINISHED
12:45-1:00AM: This here blog update

So now for the new totals:
Time: 21 hours 3 minutes - YESSSSSSSSSS! I hit 20 hours! I'm hoping for 24 hours in the end, so I think I'll be able to make it.
Books: 6: Hunted by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast, Hatter M by Frank Beddor, Wild Orchid by Cameron Dokey, The Gatecrasher by Madeleine Wickham, Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr, Lovehampton by Sherri Rifkin
Pages: 1668


To read or not to read... Lovehampton by Sherri Rifkin
This was a great debut novel (2008, I believe) - chick lit with MORALS (I know, who would've thunk?). It was a great escape to read during the summer, at home or on vacation. Tori Miller is a strong protagonist, and the sea of characters around her just add to the fun (and, of course, drama). I admit that Rifkin takes advantage of a few stock characters (for example, the gay-but-oh-so-fashionable Transformation Trio), but in the best of ways. All in all, very cute and enjoyable if you're looking for something that will transport your mind to the beach for a little bit of fluff with a happy ending and a good lesson about being yourself stuck in. 8 out of 10.
Next I'm going for one I kept telling myself I'd save for later, but I'm just getting too anxious: Storm Glass by Maria Snyder.

1 comment: