6.06.2009

48 Hour Book Challenge: Update 5

I've passed the 24-hour mark and am doing well :)

Here's what I've been up to:
2:02AM-2:37AM: Reading Fragile Eternity
Then - sleep, breakfast, shower, cleaning, lunch, an e-mail check (and I'm so glad I did - I won Don't Judge A Girl By Her Cover and Geektastic from Elizabeth Scott!)
12:30PM-4:07PM: Reading Fragile Eternity - FINISHED
4:07-5:00PM: Updating my blog, then I'm off to see how everyone else is doing

New totals:

Time: 16 hours 3 minutes
Books: 5: Hunted by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast, Hatter M by Frank Beddor, Wild Orchid by Cameron Dokey, The Gatecrasher by Madeleine Wickham, Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr
Pages: 1358


A few words on Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr (another one I'll be writing a full review for later):

I think I liked Fragile Eternity even more than Wicked Lovely. To start with, the cover again is gorgeous and entrancing. Then Marr creates such elaborate worlds of faeries that you can't help but be sucked in, and does so through beautiful writing. I like how Seth became bolder and more independent, though I was sometimes bothered by how stubborn he could be. This is absolutely gripping to read, especially as Marr brilliantly blurs the distinction between good and evil and plays around with alliances while the potential for war looms ahead. Anyway, if you've read Wicked Lovely you really must check out this sequel, and if you haven't read Wicked Lovely you should really get on that. 9 out of 10.
Anywho... as I said, I'm off to see how other book challenge participants are doing, then back to reading. I think I'll pick up Lovehampton.

1 comment:

  1. Wow - you are doing great - I wish I had more time to read, but it's been a start and stop kind of day and it's getting near bedtime. Hope to get more in tomorrow afternoon.

    I want to read the Marr books, but haven't started them yet, they will be next on my list and I so want to read Hunted! I may have to go to the bookstore Monday to get it.

    Good luck as the challenge continues,

    ReplyDelete